The Contax 167MT is a 35mm SLR camera produced by Kyocera in under the Contax brand name.
This camera has a electronically-timed shutter unit with speeds from 16s to 1/4000. Flash synchronisation is electronic at 1/125 of a second. It uses a Contax/Yashica bayonet lens mount. It is compatible with MM lenses which have a metal flange that allows the camera to set the aperture. Some program modes cannot function without MM lenses; the camera will automatically switch to Av mode if an improper mode is selected.
There are six program modes, to select press and hold the mode button while sliding the operating lever.
- Program: Normal program mode
- Program High: Favors a higher shutter speed
- Program Low: Favors lower shutter speed
- Tv: Shutter priority exposure
- Av: Aperture priority
- M: Manual exposure also with bulb setting