The A-1 accepts any lens with the Canon FD (1971) or FDn (1979) bayonet mount. The more recent EF mount autofocus lenses (1987) cannot be fitted, nor can the FD mount lenses be fitted to autofocus Canon SLRs without an adapter.
- The A-1 has the choice of aperture- or shutter-priority automatic exposure, the first "programmed" fully-automatic exposure mode, as well as automatic dedicated flash, and a fully manual setting.
- For automatic operation, the aperture ring of the lens is set to the "A" position; for manual settings, the required aperture is set on the lens and the shutter set on the dial, in the "Tv" position.
- To avoid fogging from the viewfinder on long exposures, the LED display can be switched off, and the eyepiece closed off with a shutter.
- The settings dial is shown (right) set to shutter-priority auto ("Tv"). The programmed setting (marked [P] in a green square) is just past the 1/1000 mark.
- There is a sliding cover for the wheel, preventing accidental changes to settings.
- The A-1 does not have a mirror lock.
- On the side of the lens mount are buttons for exposure preview, and exposure memory.
- Around the rewind crank is the film speed setting dial, with ±2 stop exposure compensation adjustment.
- The electronically-controlled horizontal cloth focal plane shutter has marked speeds from 30s to 1/1000s, with X-synchronisation at 1/60 second (there is no bulb synch setting).
- Flashguns can be attached to the hot shoe, where there are two additional contacts for camera-gun communication.
- There is also a PC socket - on the front, near the rewind crank - for a conventional flashgun.
- There is a self-timer (2 or 10 sec) switch, a double-exposure release - a tripod bush and a rewind release
You'll need to require 35mm film and either 6v PX28A or Four LR44 1.5V alkaline battery cells
Pictures for every product that you see are our own photos but It's not without exception that some are the actual pictures of the item. Due to the utter amount of different items we're unable to photograph them one by one.
With this being said the pictures you see here are only indicative of the item you will receive
If you need more details please feel free to contact us.
As a small team operating a bustling shop, we may not be able to send out items right away due to our workload. We don't do next day delivery however, our goal is to ship available stock within 48 hours after receiving cleared payment ( excluding weekends and bank holidays).
If you require an item for the following day or have specific delivery preferences, we are more than willing to make arrangements if you inform us before placing your order. Once we dispatch the item, any potential delays in delivery caused by the courier service are beyond our control. Rest assured, we consistently send items with delivery confirmation and comprehensive insurance that covers the order value.
All items come with three months guarantee unless otherwise stated. For full information, see our Terms and Conditions page.
For full information on the return policy, see our Returns page.